RIDERS F1RST Charity Featuring David Bailey

Posted by EntityMedia 
RIDERS F1RST Charity Featuring David Bailey
January 25, 2010 05:35PM
Just wanted to share this video with others on the FCP board. I put a ton of effort into this one, and am pretty happy with how it turned out. I had less than 2 weeks to shoot and edit this piece.

Film features the history of American Motocross Champion David Bailey, who was injured at the peak of his career in 1987. The injury left Bailey paralyzed from the waist down, just 2 months after getting married. The week after the injury, he and his wife learned they were going to have a son. David struggled with the reality of being in a whelchair, but eventually the champion mentality stirred inside him and the desire to compete started a new chapter in his life.

David began to pursue a goal he made for himself while on his honeymoon - to compete in the Iron Man Triathlon in Hawaii. David achieved his goal on the third try and did the event again last year just because he thought he could.

ONE Industries, a motocross apparel company, was founded by former sponsors of David's during his Motocross career. They wanted to help David raise money for others suffering from spinal chord injuries, and created a replica set of racing gear that Bailey wore during his career. All of the funds will be given o David's RIDERS F1RST foundation, and used to help others who are not in the spotlight like Bailey. People who were injured the same way as David, but not known to millions.

Even if you're not familiar with the sport of Motocross or the Iron Man triathlon, his story is truly amazing. I hope you enjoy the film.

-Chris Williams
Entity Media
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics