Have to share this. Short film by Neill Blomkamp

Posted by Michael Horton 
Have to share this. Short film by Neill Blomkamp
September 26, 2006 04:36PM
Neill Blomkamp is a director working in South Africa. Does commercials and short films. This film, titled "Alive in Joberg" caught Peter Jackson's eye and so he hired him to direct "Halo, the movie"

Alive in Joberg is quite clever in that it takes the "Aliens from outer space" story to a much different direction than you are used too.

6 minutes long

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: Have to share this. Short film by Neill Blomkamp
September 26, 2006 10:08PM
Aww that was nice. Great paralells to the situation on Joberg, great styling, great VFX, great music, and great acting. Most of all, a very unfussy telling, plenty of room left for the audience to use their brains in. I'm looking forward to Halo now.

September 26, 2006 10:32PM
I'm blown away by this guy. Find the story exceptionally compelling as it parallels South Africa's own racist past. I thought this guy just incorporated news footage into this and made it look like it fit. No. Credits do not give any "thanks" to any news group.

What is mind boggling is that the soilders you see in the beginning are CG. Read this in my sons Gamespot magazine. If you look at his other work you see that he has an amazing gift with physiology. Closest I've see to the "who needs actors when you can do it in software." What a talent.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 27, 2006 12:37PM
i was creeped out from the get go - would love to see a full length feature.
September 27, 2006 09:05PM
>>the soilders you see in the beginning are CG<<

Bloody hell. Even frame by frame those guys look every bit real. He really does have a gift. Love the car tossing too.

Now let's get him to do some dinosaurs - please! Dying for the day when I can really believe in dinosaur motion.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics