Rampage- Nice work Nick.

Posted by Dave Hardy 
Rampage- Nice work Nick.
September 30, 2006 04:52AM
I saw Rampage at the Vancouver Festival this afternoon. Terrific feature length doc. I highly recommend everyone see this, not only because its a stellar piece of work by Nick Meyers edited with FCP & an excellent example of what can done with lightweight digital video cameras.

Ultimately its the content of this production that makes this film a must see. Its focus is a very creative family living in a community in Miami, where one of the sons in the family who has returned on leave from serving in Iraq having told filmmaker who he met there that the conditions in his community back home are worse than Iraq.

This is a very positive film because the humanity of these people living under extremely difficult circumstances is so obvious. Without being overtly political the filmmaker by his facination with the tremendos creativity of this family as well as others in the community makes it obvious where the real problem lies. Its a revealing look at what it means to be a human being & a serious reminder that we have a long way to go to bring about a just society.

Nice work Nick.

Dave
Re: Rampage- Nice work Nick.
September 30, 2006 08:58AM
thanks, dave.

a very insightful reading.
good to hear that it;s going over well.
it was gruelling work at times,
but always enjoyable.
i;m glad you appreciated it.

cheers,
nick
September 30, 2006 10:44AM
Nick,

Is there any place we American mortals can see this? Sounds very interesting.
September 30, 2006 01:27PM
Rampage is coming to a city near you (except Nashville cause nothing is near Nashville)

[rampagethemovie.com]

I thought you cut a cuple trailers Nick. Don't see them on the web site.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 30, 2006 02:10PM
at the top of the main page is a "watch trailer" box.
the trailers haven't been updated for a while ( i only just noticed this myself) and still have the Sydney film fest details on them.
i'll talk to someone about that.
site probably needs a revamp.

i think a deal has been struck with a US distibutor.
right now i cant remember the name sad smiley
obviously i really hope it gets cinema release. (we just struck a 35mm print for UK distribution)
and when it does, you can be sure i'll be letting everyone know.

cheers,
nick
September 30, 2006 02:22PM
Ah. Thanks Nick. I'm moving this thread over to the Show and Tell forum.

That kid has a LOT of charisma. Hope he can make it.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 30, 2006 07:22PM
I hope his whole community can make it through this social calamity. The problems the 14 yr. old buy is encountering with the music industry is just another facet of the same problem which has had such a devastating effect on the community.

Dave
Re: Rampage- At Chicago Fesival OCT 10 & 11
October 04, 2006 10:22PM
If you are attending the Chicago Film Festival add this to your must see list for Oct 10 or 11.

Dave
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics