"Chasing Buckner" trailer

Posted by christoph Gelfand 
"Chasing Buckner" trailer
October 03, 2006 09:36AM
Just posted this on the suggestion of several members in the technical query area. It's a new 24-minute doc I just made about fallen baseball great, Bill Buckner. It premieres at the New Hampshire Film Expo on October 15th (just in case anyone happens to be touring the east coast then).

[www.poultryproductions.com]

Cheers,

Christoph
Re: "Chasing Buckner" trailer
October 03, 2006 09:40AM
Oh, and this was compressed using Squeeze (sorenson 3 codec) at a frame size of 320 x 240. It's only about 2 minutes so it should download pretty quickly. Also, the titles don't look awesome because of the reds.

Christoph
October 03, 2006 10:10AM
What I love about this besides the story, is your voice. I assume it is your voice. Its perfect for this movie and your read couldn't be better. Stay in touch with us and tell us how the movie goes over at New Hampshire.

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 03, 2006 09:02PM
What I like is that I have no idea about baseball, I don't even know where the Redsox come from. I've never heard of Billy Buckner, and yet after viewing one minute fifty of trailer I have enough of a bearing to be able to appreciate the story.

Is this the trailer, or the opening credits? Works really well to set up the story.

I also love your sense of humour. '...My impeccible sense of balance..'

Thanks for posting your compression settings. I'm trying to collect a series of 'recipes' of compression settings for the FAQ. Can I use yours? And if so, could I use some more details, like the FPS and the sound settings?

October 04, 2006 08:36AM
Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to use my settings. I do a 1:1 ratio and crop the sides of the image to make the QT frame look more like 4:3 because I always have extra junk on the sides of my frame that is cropped for NTSC 4:3. With sound I usually do Fraunhoffer (i think it's called) mp3 with a bit setting of between 48 or higher in mono with a sample freq of 22hz or 32...I also use the QT 512k preset in Squeeze to start out. Hope that helps!
October 04, 2006 03:28PM
Hi.

The music is perfect for the trailer, baseball is something that i will never understand, two weeks ago i went to New York and i've watch some games but the rules, never figured it out, sorry i'm from Europe.
You have used several sources of footage with different quality settings and to balance them some effects were used, i believe blur and glow. I hope that i wrong but it looks like that some shots are a little bit defocus because of the effects, like the guy wearing a green shirt in a white background. Probably is just because of the size of the video.
October, 15th... The perfect day for a perfect premiere.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
October 04, 2006 07:26PM
As an expat Brit (now US citizen) I know nothing of the game, but found your trailer intriguing and - strangely - atmospherically filled with dread.

Well done.

Best

Harry
October 08, 2006 05:07PM
I was finally able to see it on my old pc. There aren't many trailers I can see without my browser either crashing or the whole trailer breaking up into individual stills -- like it were a slide show. So this Sorenson compression that you did worked the second time around for me. The first time there was only sound and a few frames of picture, then the second time (I guess it had loaded) I was able to see it and hear it reasonably well. I got to get another computer for online -- oh, well...

About your short movie -- I liked it; I liked it a lot. The story was good (I like baseball), but more importantly the shots you chose and the way you told the story was very genuine. You won me over and got me involved in the injustice of Bill Buckners case :-)

I like it when documentaries take that kind of approach: we're all human and make mistakes, nobody's perfect; we can all empathize with that. Great job. Keep it up.

Vic
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics