A Good Reason to Be Thankful

Posted by J.Corbett 
A Good Reason to Be Thankful
November 20, 2006 12:32PM
here something i did back in the summer. i think it was the most eye opening thing i covered in 2006.

Ride 4 Kids

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: A Good Reason to Be Thankful
December 03, 2006 04:53AM
nice effort. here are some suggestions:

MORE NAT SOUND! lets hear the bikes in the bkg when you see bikes onscreen. and inversely, the music track is WAY too loud throughout. it overpowers the on cam people.

be more creative with the camera angles. you have tons of bikes and various opportunities for cuttaway/b-roll stuff... set the cam on a tripod and get slow zooms and pans as well as static shots for lower thirds and backgrounds.

on the positive side. overall it sounds very good

im guessing that you did this for little or no money, just has that feel. i did one of those kind of jobs for the local child protective service (CPS) last year, and i got into a "just get it on cam and get it out" situation. where you cant justify the time/cost for creative production and just want to get the message out there. pleasant effort either way.
December 03, 2006 12:34PM
yep i did it for free.

i wanted to put mor cycler sfx in there but the on-board mic at times was switched to line and i missed the ambient noise. i have always had the feeling that i need to lower the music. i have a habit of thinging the music needs to be strong and at times i am above -12db.
i am getting better at these non profit thingys and i feel that once some money comes in i can get better equipment such as jibs.
i only had that cam for 2 wks b4 the shoot so i was still in learning phase on it.

how do you think the transition points were? i kinda thought of giving it more of a xgames feel but thought it would cloud the seriousness of the story.

hey tell me what you think about this one. i feel it was a little bit better.

ignition

ps:: is there a way to lower the over all volume of a audio traxk that has keypoints in it?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
December 03, 2006 02:16PM
> i wanted to put mor cycler sfx in there but the on-board mic at times was switched to line
> and i missed the ambient noise.

Add some from a sound library or another part of the shoot.

> is there a way to lower the over all volume of a audio traxk that has keypoints in it?

Yes. Select the clip in the timline, OPTION-APPLE-L (Modify - Levels), enter the change wanted on the number pad (eg. "-4", in dBs) and make sure the mode stays on the default "Relative". The level change will apply to all keyframes. For an increase in levels, you don't need to put "+2", just "2" will suffice. Which is why this method is very fast.

Alternately, you can use the method preferred by Nick Meyers: CONTROL - = (dash/equal sign) to add/drop 1dB, CONTROL [ ] (parentheses) to add/drop 3dB. Fast, but since I prefer increments of 2dB myself, I don't use this nearly as often.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics