link with some stuff i cut

Posted by Mark19 
link with some stuff i cut
December 17, 2006 09:53PM
I have been looking forward to getting some critique on these.

One thing is how I can get just the right compression on these and upload better files for starters.

some things take longer to load than others, have no fear the mdreelmix will play, just takes a sec.

in long form now on a reality show, so i am getting more and more experience thankfully. Been cutting for 3 years now.

[homepage.mac.com]
Re: link with some stuff i cut
December 18, 2006 05:07PM
nicely put together from a rhythmic standpoint - but WAY too many cuts. i watched a number of your clips and it seems that way in most of them. give the viewer a few seconds to absorb the shot instead of barraging them with cuts.
December 18, 2006 06:00PM
I agree with Wayne. When your cutting is dictated by the beats in the music, it looks too hectic -- all I'm seeing are cuts, not the shots underneath. The problem is compounded by the fact that it's such a small frame size for the web. But the points where you cut according to the rhythm of the shots, it looks fine.

You can use the "one cut/shot per drum hit" technique, but when you use it so many times, it becomes irritating. And judging from some of the other editing decisions, you're better than that. Cut the shots according to the visual rhythm. When you lay the music on top, the beats find their own cuts.

www.derekmok.com
December 18, 2006 09:44PM
yeah the files size is something i need to get down, im working on that.

make sure you check out other things besides just the mdreelmix, the other cuts are not as busy. the Bionic Jive performance does not have as many cuts either.

thanks for the feedback, it makes sense what yoou guys said!

md
December 21, 2006 12:01PM
hmmmm. i agree it was a bit to fast in spots but some of it looked good that way. some of the cut where a lil slo to match the beat. not saying that the cut was bacd but should have came on the beat. like when luda said " rewind it back " i think that cut should have been on "re" rather than at the end of "back". the cut of the reverse footage should have lasted from 're' and end on 'back'.
since there is a clap that comes just after the word back you could have ended it there with some type of emplode or burst or whatever. but i would pay much attention to me if i were you. after all you obviously get heavier contracts than i do.

as a side note how come no one else in this string mentioned or asked about copywrite???

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
December 21, 2006 12:36PM
the NFL spots are off-air creative, so there is no copyright issues because they don't air. Plus there is the contracts the labels sign with MTV networks of which VH1 is a part.

IMF falls under the UMG umbrella, so the spots are basically self promotion for the labels involved.

i hear ya bout the Luda moment, I also had to give him his face time.

thanks!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics