BLOOD DIAMONDS

Posted by Shane Ross 
BLOOD DIAMONDS
December 21, 2006 02:23AM
My latest show is finally done and shipped off to the network. BLOOD DIAMONDS will air on The History Channel Dec 30, 2006 at 6:00 PM Eastern. It is about the conflict diamond trade in West Africa...to coincide with the Leonardo DiCaprio flick already in theatres. I co-edited this with Dan Wolfmeyer.

Here is the show tease for anyone who is interested:

[homepage.mac.com]

Oh, this is an HD show (DVCPRO HD) and while there was a LOT of VHS, DV and BetaSP footage in this show, very few utilized the Compressor droplets. Maybe 20 or 30 shots out of HUNDREDS. The rest were upconverted via a Terranex box at a post house. The show easily contains 50% Standard Def stock footage if not more. None of it high def.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: BLOOD DIAMONDS
December 21, 2006 03:12AM
Powerful stuff, Shane. Looks great. I especially like the sound. And the cut glass (erm, diamond) fx over the vision at the end - was that AE or a custom design?

Best of all, the content looks like really valuable information. I had no idea that was going on. Coming from a big mining state (Western Australia), I just naturally assume that everyone involved in mining is making squillions and living large. Great job.

BTW. Is the History channel worldwide? We have the history channel here but we seem to have local links and TVCs on it. Would your program be likely to show up here?

December 21, 2006 03:36AM
Thank you. This is a pretty powerful show. Our Emmy shot. And I too knew little about this. I remember when it was in the news in the late 90s, but not all that happened there. Amazing that such diamond rich countries had such HUGE levels of poverty. And diamonds are HARDLY rare. Rather common, actually.

The title was done by a graphics artist, and he used After Effects.

I am not sure if the History Channel is world wide. I do know that we have to prep an international version, so it must air in other places.

But when I get the show done and out the door, I might make an iPod encoded version available for download (AFTER it airs). Maybe.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
December 21, 2006 11:14AM
looks great

hey shane how did you get that slight prism effect on the last clip?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
December 21, 2006 02:58PM
That title was done by someone else using After Effects. A true AE artist.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
December 22, 2006 07:44AM
Brilliant and powerfull.
A shinny story with a dark side wich happens every days in a rich continent.
I'm editing a 45 episod story that takes place in Angola and Portugal, the diamonds trade is part of it. The conflict between MPLA and UNITA and a guy coming here to live here like a king.
Shanne, History Channel is world wide and soon i will have the chance to watch the Doc.
Great work.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
December 22, 2006 05:08PM
Just FYI, I didn't cut this trailer/tease. That was the work of the Lead Editor Dan Wolfmeyer. My work is inside the show.

And yes, he did a great job.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
December 22, 2006 06:36PM
And now we have to remove the tease for legal reasons. This is THE show open for the show, not a trailer. And because it is part of the show that will air, it cannot be posted.

Sorry guys.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics