New Series cut on Final Cut Pro

Posted by etozzi 
New Series cut on Final Cut Pro
February 22, 2007 10:44AM
Hi everyone, I've been a Final Cut editor for about 7 years now. Bought my own system in 05 and it's been great. I've just begun work as the director and editor of a new series called the Drity Bomb Diaries. It's an episodic drama for the web told in 3 minute episodes. There will be a total of 28 when it's all said and done. The opening title sequence was done in Final Cut with basic titles and the Overdrive filter which has a pretty cool look to it. Anyhow, please have a look and feel free to fire back any comments you might have. We're really trying to get a large viewership for this. Anyhow, here are the links.

YouTube Link
EP1

EP2

Myspace Series Page
[www.myspace.com]
Re: New Series cut on Final Cut Pro
February 22, 2007 11:03AM
Very nice job. Love the premise and dual crisis. Girl on her own for first time and a dirty bomb goes off. Might of liked a little more panic out of the girl. Awful calm for such a horrible event.

Michael Horton
-------------------
February 22, 2007 11:34AM
An engaging opening. Also, the compression is pretty good for YouTube.

I'm wondering whether you might want to distress the image a bit, give it some texture, a bit more of a sense of dread.

Some more details in the sound design might be good as well. I like going the approach of "quiet", but "quiet" in real life also means you hear things you normally don't pay attention to. I think there could be more creative detailing in there. The music is fine as it stands. Some more texture can help complement it.

Good job overall.

Here's another funny tidbit. I had composed a track in Soundtrack months ago that uses a lot of the parts you did:

[www.derekmok.com]

www.derekmok.com
February 23, 2007 02:32AM
I love the fact that the sound design is very good. That no expensive visual effects were needed to convey what happened. Very well done.

The only thing I would have liked to see would be the web cam footage to be a little rougher...to separate it from the dramatic camera that you have shooting the other angles. Like actually shooting her with an iSight to get that feel.

But we are all critics.

But in general I love the camera work. Good little snap zooms. Good actress too

I'll be watching this, as I want to start a web series as well.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
February 23, 2007 10:02AM
Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate it and I certainly welcome any constructive criticism that will help me grow as a director/editor. We really do have to rely on creating a sense of anxiety without showing the bigger picture of the outside world...sort of like Signs. Anyhow I hope you'll all keep checking in on this.

The myspace page has become the main page for the series and will have updates as far as the episodes and when they get released, etc. We'll be posting 1 episode every 3 to 4 days. Episode 3 is scheduled for Sunday/Monday.

Myspace Page
[www.myspace.com]

Thanks everyone. Look forward to participating in these boards and becoming a part of the larger Final Cut Pro society here!

Eric Tozzi
[homepage.mac.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics