We Pimpin' up in here

Posted by J.Corbett 
We Pimpin' up in here
February 23, 2007 03:16PM
ok this is a party promo. its sorta new to me as i have only done 4 before this one.

the thing is that this footage in places is very dark. so on that particular issue know that i have shake and fcp but could not figure out how to lighten it up without washing the image.

i would like a over all oppinion on it. if you know how i could have fixed this too dark problem with what i have let me know.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: We Pimpin' up in here
February 23, 2007 03:18PM
oh yeah it might help if you guys had the link huh?

Players Ball

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
February 23, 2007 04:22PM
ok that one for some reason has no video so here is another link to it.

Players Ball 2

""""
February 25, 2007 07:07PM
Yo Gansta.

The best way to fix the light-problem is to attach a light to the camera when you shoot.
Fixing it after is rarely a good option as the footage lacks a lot of luma information and increasing the luma will make the footage pixelated.

You can try to dudlicate the footage in final cut and place the new copy on the track above the original footage.
The right-click the top layer, choose blending mode, and go to "screen".
This will brighten it but it may also ruin the footage a bit.

Another idea for next time is to bring a shotgun mic if you want to use people talking, especially in usch a noisy environment.

Keep hammering it dude.

Johan Polhem
Motion Graphics
www.johanpolhem.com
February 26, 2007 12:28PM
Love the 3d logo off the top, even if it was a bit long. What did you use to create it?

Video looks good as well. I 2nd the shotgun mic, and a light with a piece of spun glass over it might help. Perhaps faster cuts throughout, and tone down the strobe effect.

But, good as a first effort!

-M
March 17, 2007 12:18AM
mike i used kinemac to make it.

""""
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics