GATORADE: Is it in this?

Posted by Aaron Zander 
GATORADE: Is it in this?
October 14, 2007 07:27PM
Heres a student/spec gatorade commercial I'm cutting. We are missing the following:

Product shot, drinking shot. But Here's what I have so far. Tell me what you think so far

[download.yousendit.com]
Re: GATORADE: Is it in this?
October 16, 2007 01:30AM
not that any one is looking here, but heres another cut

[download.yousendit.com]
October 16, 2007 01:39AM
Reason no one is looking is cause you should put it up on a web page rather than make us download it. You got a web site?

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 16, 2007 01:57AM
yes, I do, BUT I'm going through SO many cuts as it is a work in progress I'd prefer not to host it at the moment.
October 16, 2007 05:12PM
your logic for not hosting it yourself doesnt make any sense...

interesting looking stuff however ; ) whatd you shoot it on?
October 16, 2007 08:14PM
I watched the video. I agree with Wayne and Mike that it makes no sense that you wouldn't host it on a proper page just because changes are being made. Just re-upload...if you want, use the same file name for the uploaded version so the media replaces itself.

The motion stuff is good, pretty kinetic, but I think you have two conflicting styles. The "old film" look, to me, jars with the very post-modern editing. I also think the black spaces just interfere with the energy. You got good shots and rhythm. Trust in your cuts, don't put black spaces where you don't need them. Why make your audience watch black when you can make them watch shots?

Also, there's a structural problem. There's no punchline. You also need a product shot if it's going to be a Gatorade spec commercial. I'm also not sure whether the freaky image of a girl dripping coloured sweat is flattering to the product...instead, maybe give her "Gatorade neon" glows and explosions to the points of impact when she hits the ball or stomps on the ground?

www.derekmok.com
October 16, 2007 10:16PM
Yup...don't make us WORK to help you...you need to WORK to get help. Host the clip yourself & you'll get more hits. As soon as I clicked & was sent to YouSendIt, I closed the window and moved on to the next thread.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

October 16, 2007 11:06PM
hey derek, i think the black holes might (i hope at least) be place holders for the shots he mentioned that he was still missing...
October 22, 2007 10:54AM
>>As soon as I clicked & was sent to YouSendIt, I closed the window and moved on to the next thread.<<

Sorry, me too. I don't want to have to download more stuff to my computer than I have to. I'm already storing terrabytes worth of stuff for other people.

October 24, 2007 05:35AM
I think it was worth the download. I'd love to see the finished version.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics