Show and Tell Challenge Competition

Posted by J.Corbett 
Show and Tell Challenge Competition
April 01, 2009 01:14PM
I have done a lot of projects. Some not so good some great. I would expect to win a contest like this especially with some of the stars in this forum, but i an certainly not scared to enter my stuff.

I suggest a PREDITOR CONTEST right here in the show and tell.

My non-concrete suggested rules for a contest are the following.

1. You can only enter stuff that you Filmed , edited , CC'd , and encoded. This would also include you very own GRAPHICS work.

2. No category specifications other than animated and filmed. If the story is compelling the category wouldn't matter.

3. HD and SD entries should be marked as such so that an entry in sd wont be compared to the clarity of HD.

I will put up a small prize to make it interesting if necessary.

What say you?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Show and Tell Challenge Competition
April 01, 2009 07:02PM
Curious as to what the point is. If you want recognition and awards, submit for a Telly.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 15, 2009 11:32AM
I love the idea. It separates the B.S.'er's from the editors like myself and others that write,direct and /or co-direct,shoot,edit,cc,graphics, animation and output all of there projects. Sounds like fun..What i mean by B.S.er's are editors who put an entire project on there demo, giving the viewer that they did all of the work when in fact they only cc'd the project. This sends the wrong message to potential clients but it happens all the time. Great idea.
April 15, 2009 12:59PM
You understand my point exactly. There are not a lot of people who do it all in my opinion. Often someone who's input is only in 1 aspect of the process act as if the workflow or technique of preditors is out od the question or wrong.

I feel when you work from front to back you idea of a workflow or a technique is more complete in relationship to the entire project. Rather than having 1 orange Skittle and then assuming you know every flavor.

No disrespect to those who are in 1 facet of the process. I mean, a guy who cc all the time and thats it, would be a better colorist than the average preditor but would be quite grey if you ask them how to shoot for a particular feel or even look.

Its a different art when you touch everything.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
April 17, 2009 02:40PM
how would you plan to validate whether or not ONE person actually did ALL the work?
and as far as watchable end-product, how is one-man work different from that from a team?

AND does the rule that you have to do everything yourself mean that you cant use stock elements like music or looks?

no offense intended, but this seems like a half-thought out idea to me...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics