a FCP-inspired 80's pop music video

a FCP-inspired 80's pop music video
January 23, 2010 08:15AM
Like all of you, I love me some Final Cut Pro and wanted to share the love with a little music video called "FCP Muscle Memory". Would love to get some feedback on it.

For anyone interested in technical specs, the video is just 1-min long. The music was created using Soundtrack Pro and that's my own voice doing the white-boy rapping, the video footage was all shot in HD using a Panasonic HVX-200 and the locations are at my local gym and my small office/studio in San Diego. The best quality I've found when uploading to YouTube is to export my sequence as a self-contained QuickTime movie, then open the file in QuickTime X and "Save As" with the 720p setting. (I love YouTube for increasing their upload limit to a full 2GB.)

-Jeff
Re: a FCP-inspired 80's pop music video
January 23, 2010 08:37AM
Pretty good. It doesn't pretend to be any slicker or bigger than it is, so it has a nice modest charm to it. My main note would be to swap out the font for the "bubbles" -- Lucida Grande with default Tracking always rubs me the wrong way and makes any piece look unconsidered.

Nobody's gonna learn the rules from watching the video -- it goes by too fast -- but that's not the main point, is it? Nice Richard Simmons look there.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics