My Demo Reel Site

Posted by apmende 
My Demo Reel Site
February 08, 2010 01:41AM
I used the H264 codec in compressor and brought it down to 800 KPS. They are all QT movies and are about 15 to 30 mb each but are intended to stream. I also used the fast start function so the user doesn't have to wait for the entire movie to load to watch it.

Enjoy and tell me what you think.

Cinematicut.com

thank you
Re: My Demo Reel Site
February 08, 2010 02:02AM
I was very impressed by how easy it was to play the media files.

There's some unevenness to the pieces -- some looked sharper than others, and the sound levels aren't very uniform. Why is that?

Still, just the initial presentation offered up 50 per cent of the value, with all those well known brand logos. I wonder if your website design might have been better served by making the pictures smaller so you can see even more on one page, without having to scroll so much. Each link is so large right now that I think you can shrink them, fit more onto one page and get things across even faster.

www.derekmok.com
February 08, 2010 04:06AM
thanks for the input. all of these were captured from SD digibeta masters. some of them were originally shot SD (digibeta) while others were HD downconverts to SD letterbox. This is probably why there is a quality difference. I used the same compression settings for everything. I guess "Garbage in ... Garbage out".

I did notice the difference in volume so I'll have to adjust all of these audio levels again and re-export them to compressor.

As far as making the pictures smaller to fit on one page, It would probably look to busy and you wouldn't be able to read the info on each of the shows because the text would be too small. I built this for a 800x600 screen.
February 10, 2010 09:28AM
What exactly did you do on these pieces? All the Motion Design & Compositing as well? Break it down please...grinning smiley

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 23, 2010 02:02AM
I edited all of those shows. Sorry I am so late on this. I didn't have the follow this thread checked and just noticed your reply.
September 29, 2010 08:26AM
Sorry for being a little late on this one. I can't play the videos. All I get is a QT logo. I'm on Safari 5.0.2, SL 10.6.4.

EDIT: I reset Safari and it worked.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics