Drew Brees Music Video

Posted by jkerfeldKC 
Drew Brees Music Video
May 02, 2010 06:47PM
This is a video I edited recently for a NFL banquet event of Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees. It's about 2:15-- I've always received really great feedback from the editors here and I'm hoping to get some good constructive feedback!

[bit.ly]

Thanks,
Jordan
Re: Drew Brees Music Video
May 02, 2010 07:05PM
I hated the music choice -- immature, not classy, wimpy groove -- and I really hated that "Good Good Night" card, which looked like it came from a 17-year-old film-school kid. But the shot choices look fine. My only other issue is that after about 45 seconds, I didn't see the video say anything new, do anything new. Just the same boom-cha-ka-lak-boom, FX-stuffed pictures, nothing new. I would have wanted something more humanizing -- don't we ever see the guy talk, behave, do something other than rough-and-tumble?

It might have been a bit too much FX for me, but that's a matter of taste. I like watching things that rely on content, drama, character and rhythm to achieve effect, more than lighting tricks and animation.

www.derekmok.com
May 03, 2010 10:29AM
- music was not my choice, and I had to stretch out the video to that pre-cut music track, so the middle is slightly repetitive, I agree.

- With the footage, I was also confined to what was given to me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I am feeling like you turned it off halfway--which is okay, and tells me I should have done a better job making it worth viewing all the way through. The reason I do say this is that he speaks/reflect at the end and there is (I think, at least) a clear, linear arc of the season, culminating in a championship for him and his city.

- glad to see the lighting tricks and animation are okay-- but looks like I need to work on content, drama, character, and rhythm because its "not there."

Thanks for the feedback, Derek. I'll think about this more...
June 08, 2010 03:21PM
Just saw this...my 2 cents:

I mostly agree with D...too much FX (don't like the FX)...editing was weirdly timed...too many of the same kinda plays as well. Music = totally lame (kills any emotion / drama)...and then cutting to the beats...did not work at all. Font choice - NG.

This is probably one of the most EMOTIONAL DRAMATIC Super Bowl Winners of all time...and there is no emotion or drama in this piece. There's no story. There's no hook. It's an "FX-laden sizzle". Needs a lot of work.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics