Shooting footage on a roof

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
Shooting footage on a roof
June 15, 2010 04:03PM
Hello!
I didn't know where to post this so if it needs to be put on another board please move accordingly.

I'm going to be shooting event footage on a roof. People will be speaking, the roof itself it white.
It's probably going to be about 85 degrees up there.

The last time I took footage on this roof, I used the ND feature on the XL2 I was using. It didn't look that great.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on getting good quality footage in this kind of situation?
Re: Shooting footage on a roof
June 15, 2010 07:05PM
>I used the ND feature on the XL2

You need ND filters. But you're better off posting this sort of questions on a forum where there are more shooters. Eg. Dvxuser.

www.strypesinpost.com
November 15, 2010 06:02PM
Darken the floor. Even if its just some cloth. With the subject at a distance you would never be able to totally trust the cam settings cause that white is not gonna allow true sight to judge the shoot.
The white floor is making light where there should not be. A french box wouldn't even help much.

I would get as close as i could to an edge with the tripod.
I would put a black felt cloth over the white roof top. Maybe, 10ft x 6-8ft. if the retainer wall is white also put black felt there also. then you will have the ability to make better adjustments.

I had the same thing happen in Manilla but not a roof.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
November 15, 2010 10:22PM
Yeah...a shooter forum is a good idea, not a Post Production forum. Here's another:

[www.videomaker.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics