EA SPORTS: NCAA FOOTBALL 11 "Cross Sell"...

Posted by grafixjoe 
EA SPORTS: NCAA FOOTBALL 11 "Cross Sell"...
July 01, 2010 09:59PM
I am very proud of this piece. This was the first time I worked closely with a Game Dev Team's Artists and renderers. The Pre-Pro meetings we discussed that I was to take game team renders and "create a look and mood" including but not limited to Compositing, Color grading, character transitions, editing, particle generation and animation, and finishing for output:

[www.digidojo.net]

The "Before" movie at the top of the page was all I was given from the NCAA FOOTBALL 11 Game Dev Team... all in separate TARGA Sequences (individual mascots / stadium / field / lights / haze / cheerleaders / flag runners / sky (dome).

The "After" is what I did with it.

The intro composition leads to the edit...which is ACTUAL GAME FOOTAGE (accept for the ball flying at the camera at the end which I did). I am told this will be included on the Tiger Woods PGA Tour Game Disks (hence the title "Cross Sell" meaning using one game to sell another) as well as all over the internet soon.

The Composer / Sound Designer is my partner in crime... the amazing Rob Warren
[www.robwarrenmusic.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: EA SPORTS: NCAA FOOTBALL 11 "Cross Sell"...
July 07, 2010 02:41AM
Hi Joe,

I'm a newbie to the forums, but I just had to tell ya how awesome I thought your work was with the NCAA football piece. I just dabble with After Effects, and have many of the plugins you used, but there's no way in hell that I coulda done 10% of what you did with the footage.

Wonderful job!

Ok, that's all I had to add. smiling smiley

Nik
July 07, 2010 12:44PM
NIk,

Welcome to the LAFCPUG and thank you so much for the nice words smileys with beer I just want to show our members what can be accomplished with software that most of us have and use everyday.

Cheers!!

October 12, 2010 09:42PM
Hi Grafixjoe,

How long did it take to pur that together?

I did some animation about 13 year ago, and wow they've come a long way with character animation. Almost though those were live football players.

-Scott
October 14, 2010 04:47PM
That depends on what you mean by "put together"...the final piece including revisions or how long did it take the game team to build and render the animations? The animations are MoCap. I am not allowed to discuss "EA proprietary processes"...but this project took the NCAA game team about 2 weeks total to build / animate / light / render. It took me about a week to create and fine tune the compositing / particles / look generation / color correction.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics