Color Crash?

Posted by Dom Stevenson 
Color Crash?
May 24, 2007 04:30PM
I'm over the moon about this new programme, however its crahed out on me 3 times out of 3. tonight it just up and left with a message saying "programme has unexpectedly quit". I got the same thing two nights ago. Earlier this evening the cursor arrow turned into a cross for about a minute before going back to the arrow as i was about to force quit. then it was OK.
Hopefully its just teething problems that will be ironed out soon, but i was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem?
I heard the other day there would be a color section on this website but have not found it tonight.
Re: Color Crash?
May 24, 2007 04:31PM
Care to share your system specs so that we can see what you are playing with? Always helps.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 24, 2007 04:33PM
We have a Color forum. Moving this thread to that.

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 24, 2007 05:11PM
Intel Mac Pro 2.66 Dual Core
3 GB 667 RAM
23 inch Apple Cinema display

Thanks Shane i really like the look of Colour and want to get on with it.

BTW Mike, i'm unable to access this page without going through the "moved" post in the LA
FCP page.
May 24, 2007 05:49PM
Yup, I've had that one too - a few times, but only when I've left the app hanging around on it's own for a while.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
May 24, 2007 06:32PM
Its similar advice to FCP, but don't let screen savers or energy saver kick in. It will screw things up here and there.

One thing that we may want to encourage here is asking people to not only share the specs of their computer, but include their graphics card as well as Color relies heavily on it. Some features, including internal processing bit depths will be limited unless a good, beefy card like the Radeon X1900 is used. Also, playback could be a real drag without a good card.

Andrew Balis
Lead Final Cut Pro Instructor
www.moviola.com
May 25, 2007 03:18AM
I suspect the problem is me leaving the screen/energy saver on which is good to know. I'll check my graphics card when i get home tonight but i think its the bog standard cheapest option that came with the first Mac Pro's, I don't recall spending extra on a "beefy" one.
So Andrew, can we expect another fine DVD/book on this programme?
May 25, 2007 08:10AM
My mac it's on never sleeps, but still Color does it's nose dive.

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
May 25, 2007 09:22AM
quote: "One thing that we may want to encourage here is asking people to not only share the specs of their computer, but include their graphics card as well as Color relies heavily on it."

I agree and would like to know:

if they have the Pro Application Support 4.0 installed and not the Security Update 2007-005 or

if they have the new Security Update 2007-005 which fixed a few things.

[docs.info.apple.com]

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
Re: New DVD on Color
May 25, 2007 09:51AM
Oh yes- I'm hard at work on a DVD for Ripple Training on Color- its already starting to have a nice shape, lots of tips and tricks- workflows- little troubleshooting things, and of course great examples on how we can correct footage as well as create some pretty cool looks. By the way- on a side note- keyframing in Color is pretty sweet- little nice things that can make our life easy- little things I've never seen before in various other apps that keyframe- and the keyframing does produce some very nice, smooth transitions from one grade to another. We'll give more details when its closer to being able to be released, but we'll have an outline up at Ripple Training way in advance- not quite yet though. Its definietly a steeper learning curve than color correction in FCP, but we're trying to organize the disc in a way that makes it fairly friendly to get into.

Andrew Balis
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics