color correction then color?

Posted by kevin 
color correction then color?
May 28, 2007 01:38AM
So... if I do any correction using the 3 way color correctors in FCP, do those show up when I send the sequence to color? or am I wasting my time until I get into color?

Thanx,

Kevin
Re: color correction then color?
May 28, 2007 04:23AM
Hey kevin,

answer seems to be no - just tried sending a sequence with some 3way CC's to color and they don't go with it - or rather it dosn't seem to pick up that information.
May 28, 2007 11:36AM
Thanx! That was late last nite and this morning I was going to do some experimenting myself. Just playing around until my training series book shows up.

Kevin
May 30, 2007 01:34AM
In fact, it doesn't seem to display any effects added in FCP, Motion or Livetype. This is from the manual

Pre-render any still images or effects you want to grade in Color

Color can?t display or process still images, certain motion settings, FXScript or FxPlug
filters, Final Cut Pro generators (including titles), Motion project files, or LiveType
project files. If you want to grade clips using these effects in Color, you need to render
those shots in Final Cut Pro as self-contained QuickTime .mov files, and edit them back
into your Final Cut Pro sequence to replace the original clips prior to sending the
project to Color. For more information about effects and features that aren?t compatible
with Color, see ?Limitations in Color? on page 37.

I tried putting a very obvious tint and then a mirror filter on a clip and displaying it in Color - no dice.

June 07, 2007 12:23PM
yeah, pity it doesn't - would make the workflow from fcp to color a whole lot nicer.
No effects but it does seem to carry speed adjustments.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics