Color: Buggy and not ready for prime time?

Posted by Michael Horton 
Color: Buggy and not ready for prime time?
June 12, 2007 04:34PM
Saw this over at Red User do net. Interesting read for those about to jump into Color

[www.reduser.net]

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: Color: Buggy and not ready for prime time?
June 12, 2007 07:22PM
I have to agree that this feels like a V1.0 release. There's lot's of places where it can be improved - even outside of what has been mentioned in that thread.

For eg - the windows don't scale independently or fit very well on a single screen, so unless you are working on a dual screen setup, there are whole sections that don't fit on the screen and can't be accessed.

You can't monitor out via firewire, as far as I have been able to ascertain, and yet there are firewire options in the menu, which are greyed out.

No interlaced vision, no FCP filters visible, no multiclips, no Motion et al integration, no drop frame footage, no fishing allowed!

Small stuff like that makes it feel like it has been rushed out - which it probably was, I'm sure. They only just bought it a few months ago.

The guys and girls who have been using Final Touch for a while though, seem really happy about the roundtripping functionality which apparently used to be one of the biggest nightmares about using it.

I'm looking forward to seeing it get tighter and more functional with future releases.

And that's not to say that I'm not enjoying it. I really am - especially with a bunch of Graeme's filters in there to mess with!

Re: Color: Buggy and not ready for prime time?
June 16, 2007 09:24AM
Hi Jude.
Just tried turning off screensaver as you and others have suggested, but it went down after 15 mins as per usual. I think 20 mins is the longest this thing has stayed up so far.
Also its a shame that when you hold the cursor over a button it does not tell you what the button does like the other apps.
Even so i'm really enjoying the short burst i get when its up and running.
I saw the article Mike is reffering to at REDUSER. We're not alone.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics