Color: Some Initial observations...

Posted by grafixjoe 
Color: Some Initial observations...
June 21, 2007 09:00AM
Hi Guys,

I just installed Studio2 & have been running Color for hours non-stop with no issues. I am running a Kona2 card on a Dual 2.5 PPC / ATI Radeon 9600 XT video card with 128 MB VRAM. The Kona allows me to see my NTSC output - which is great.

Some initial observations are that it feels super-clunky & not user-friendly at all. The interface is gonna scare people away from using it for sure. The Color FX are node-based which most people are not familiar with (don't be scared - you'll love it later). It looks like there are a lot of cool things that can be done in here but the controls are antiquated & not user-friendly at all. If not for anything else, the interface NEEDS a MAJOR facelift - add sliders & eyedroppers all over the place. DEFINITELY a v1.0-looking app (looks like it was designed for OS 7.5.3.)

IMHO, this program should be incorporated into FCP in a plug-in environment rather than a "Send To" / separate program environment.

More later...

Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: Color: Some Initial observations...
June 22, 2007 09:39PM
I agree about the sliders - although the scroll wheel will make adjustments to parameters in the FX room, for eg, it's slow and gets a bit RSI after a while. And yeah - more droppers whould be helpful.

Re: Color: Some Initial observations...
October 08, 2007 09:24AM
Yeah its clunky but once you start to get used to it it makes a lot of sense.
Would be nice as a plugin of course but I think it may be too much/complicated for that.

Apparently you can connect a piece of hardware with 3 "wheels" that resemble those in the application and with which you can adjust 2 color wheels at the same time, making it a bit more intuitive than just using a mouse.

I myself like the node based structure a lot more but that is a matter of preference.

Johan Polhem
Motion Graphics
www.johanpolhem.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics