Power Windows in Color?

Posted by Carmen D;D 
Power Windows in Color?
July 02, 2007 08:15PM
Hey guys, how is it going with the soft ware, I got it, still have not had a chance to upgrade, for I am currently in seattle , away from LA.

My question is:
I have a friend, film student, that while on the color correction session on a ds nitris, asked the colorist if he could do some power windows, and the hones truth is that this guy claimed he did not know what a power window was. I was shocked when I heard that.
this poject has been cut on a symphony, now they are ready for some color grading, (contrast and bightness because is a black and white flick), she called me to ask if I could do some power windows for her, Can color do power windows, and how do I get a symphony project into color to begin with. I am thinking along the lines of Automatic duck pro suite to send to FCPS2, and from there to Color.

I deas Thoughts, debates.

thank you

sleepless in seattle, a girl gotta love the glamourus post production lifestyle.
-CDT
Re: Power Windows in Color?
July 02, 2007 08:17PM
Yes indeed. "power windows" is a Davinci term, but Color has 8 secondaries, each with vignettes (power windows under another name) and you can even draw you own b-spline shapes too.

As for getting the project over - I have no idea.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
July 02, 2007 08:21PM
that is awsome, yes I understand that is a davinci name, is pretty much and institution like roller blades, inline skates. thank you smiling smiley

now any thought of getting it across into Color, buller, anyone?
July 03, 2007 08:25PM
Is the cut locked, Carmen? Do you need it to stay in project form? The Auto duck thing will probably work, although I've never used it so I can't guarantee success. But if it's locked perhaps you can just move it on tape, or in a single file format? Less chance of meltdown, although, oh yeah - you'd have to add all the cuts back in before it went to Color, so you could add seperate grades. Bummer.

Auto Duck, then, probably.

July 05, 2007 02:11PM
Thank You Jude and Graeme, it will be locked soon, I was asked to see if I could do it. You know friends are important, and in a town where they say there are no more favors left, is good to contribute. I am looking forward to testing it out and see what happens. Here at LAFCPUG everyone is so helpful, I appreciate it. I love the summertime.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics