Color output not showing up in FCP

Posted by patrick1 
Color output not showing up in FCP
July 30, 2007 09:40PM
Hi-
I have a sequence i have corrected in Color and have sent it back to FCP but only a few of my corrections are showing up in FCP. Any help would be appreciated.
Patrick.
Re: Color output not showing up in FCP
July 31, 2007 10:37AM
I have been trying to figure it out all night, from what i can gather using the 'send to' function should open a sequence in FCP that has the corrections that i have made in Color on it. I use the send to function, i get the sequence but no corrections. I see that the media has been rendered and stored with the correction but FCP is obviously not looking at that media it is looking at the old media. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Patrick
July 31, 2007 08:55PM
Did you replace the sequence on the original timeline with the new sequence that Color sent to your browser? It will be called "something (from Color)" It could be that you're still looking at the original in the timeline.

July 31, 2007 09:00PM
Yes i replaced it- The sequence i am looking at is from color.
July 31, 2007 09:04PM
Here is my process, just in case i am missing something:
1./ Edit in FC
2./ Send to Color
3./ Make color adjustments and render in Color
4./ Send to FC

I look at the sequence from color in final cut and there are no color changes. It should be that simple right?
July 31, 2007 09:08PM
Then I dunno. It works here. Here's my workflow for testing against yours.

Select clips in FCP timeline. Go to File> Send to > Color. The clips open in Color. Apply adjustments. Select the clips in the Color timeline and choose Rener Queue > Add selected. Then Render Queue > start render. Once the render is complete, select File > Send to > Final Cut Pro.

Then back in FCP, double click the sequence you just sent back from Color in the browser to load it in the viewer. You should see the changes you applied.

July 31, 2007 11:14PM
When you say 'selected clips' does that mean anything inparticular. I send the sequence to color and then send it back to fcp. the weird thing is that Color is creating the corrected files but FCP is not seeing them when it comes back into FCP, it looks at the old not corrected media.
Any thoughts?
July 31, 2007 11:50PM
You have to select all the clips in the Color timeline and add them to the render queue, then render. Not just do your corrections and render like in FCP.

July 31, 2007 11:54PM
Yeah i did that- i am completely frustrated by this problem. I can see that color has rendered out these files and put them in a directory on my hard drive but the sequence it sends back to fcp is referencing the uncorrected quicktimes. I have no clue how to fix it.
August 01, 2007 12:01AM
Is there a new project open in your browser with the CC'd clip in it? Like - a tab at the top called 'untitled 1" or something?

August 01, 2007 12:08AM
no. nothing like that.
August 01, 2007 08:17PM
Hmm. It works fine here, so there must be something wrong with your workflow or your system. If you're positive you've got the workflow right then try doing some periodical maintenance on your machine, and re-installign Color, if that doesn't work.

You can re-link to media on your HD (as posted on the other forum - sorry, couldn't be bothered answering on two forums) To make this easier to follow, quit FCP, then find the media on your HD. Change the name of the media. Then open fcp and import the media with the changed name.

This is NOT the way to work though and will quickly get confusing. Also Color will more than likely lose connection to anything you change the name of. Better off figuring out what the root of the problem is and dealing with that.

August 01, 2007 08:26PM
And you're sure there isn't a new project at the top of your browser window like this : (note that Color made a new project here and called it untitled 3, as it incremented my untitled project names)

August 01, 2007 08:28PM
Thanks for the input. I am thinking at this point that i have to reinstall Color to see if that works. I did a render the project out a few hours ago and looked at the quicktime files that color rendered and they were fairly messed up- i can email you a reference of what it looked like if you want.

So to uninstal color is it just a drag and drop into the trash or is there a unistal that i can run.

I have been at this for two days. It's funny the program took me about 4 or five hours to become comfortable with and this one little glitch has kept me sitting here for 40 hours.
August 01, 2007 08:31PM
It does create the new ssequence in the old browser window but that sequence does not refer to the new media created by Color- it just sees the original ones.
August 01, 2007 09:27PM
I have tried to reinstal and the same thing crops up. Is anyone elsse having these problems?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics