Color issue

Posted by Alexander 
Color issue
September 14, 2007 02:08PM
Dear colleagues,
I used Color a first time when I had just Bought Studio 2. I used it, I created a nice masking in a red dress and it worked, I swear...
now, when I launch it, it says that I do not have enough VRam!!!! How come?
Is it that I sometime last month clicked on an automatic "Software Upgrade"??
I am using the card that came with my G5 (can't remember which card, and at the moment of writing this I am not in my computer, sorry) and in the System Profiler I know I have 64Mb of VRam, and the warning message recommends at least 128Mb of VRam. Why did it work before? Am I delirious? I swear.. I worked on Color and it opened. HELP!!!
Re: Color issue
September 15, 2007 10:58PM
It's possible that the 1.1 upgrade broke compatibility with older cards. Truth be told if you want to use Color more than once in a blue moon it's time for at the least a graphics card upgrade.

-Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
September 17, 2007 05:39PM
More money eh? A depressing answer but thanks all the same Noah.
Any recomendations for the GC upgrade. I'm on the intel mac pro 2.66 with 3GB RAM and
the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT card at present.
Dom
September 18, 2007 09:09AM
The only - BEST answer is the current ATI X1900XT PCI-Express video card. The OEM version only has 256MB Vram but if you can order the Apple version with 512MB Vram from an Apple Reseller, you would have the best available for the MacPro.
September 18, 2007 06:05PM
Thanks john, and its cheaper than i thought it was going to be too. However a quick net search and i find the ATI X1900XT is over a year old. Sounds like an antique in this business. Has it not, or is it not, about to be superceded? It sounds like last years model. Then again if it'll do the trick i'll get one.
And there was me thinking all i needed to do was save up for a Matrox MXO box.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics