Even more things to be warry of in color

Posted by ThomTheEditor 
Even more things to be warry of in color
October 29, 2007 08:58PM
I'm just finishing up a music video in which i'm doing my color in color. In addition to speed changes here's some other things I've found that color doesn't like to translate well:

variable speed ramping (treats it the same as a constant hard speed change)

MULTICLIP (yes be very warry of what you do with MC, I had to go back to my sync sequence and replace all the locked MC clips with original footage before i could start colorizing the performance footage...flattening them WILL NOT WORK, nor will media managing anything done in MC)

3rd party plugins/transitions

I have about a half day left of color now that I've spent a half day replacing all my mc footage, I'll update with anything else i run into.
Re: Even more things to be warry of in color
November 16, 2007 11:27PM
Thom
variable speed ramping (treats it the same as a constant hard speed change)

Color does not render variable speed.

In FCP I would export the variable clip a self-contained movie bring it into FCP place it in the timeline and then Send To Color

Thom
MULTICLIP (yes be very warry of what you do with MC, I had to go back to my sync sequence and replace all the locked MC clips with original footage before i could start colorizing the performance footage...flattening them WILL NOT WORK, nor will media managing anything done in MC)

Lock down your timeline before sending to Color and make a self-contained movie of just the multiclips bring it into FCP place it in the timeline and then Send To Color

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics