FCS workflow

Posted by Mike S. 
FCS workflow
December 14, 2007 12:49PM
We've just picture locked and I'm ready for Color and FX. I have shots with speed ramps and some shots that I want to affect using Motion (optical flow, particles, etc.) I know that Color does not handle motn files or speed changes very well. My question is...should I go from FCP into Color then into motion, or motion first? Also, it was shot on DVCPRO HD 720p. Should I go into prores or another codec to optimize picture quality since I am going to be doing effects?

Thanks...Mike
Re: FCS workflow
December 14, 2007 04:35PM
Hi, Mike smiling smiley

Mike
hould I go from FCP into Color then into motion, or motion first? Also, it was shot on DVCPRO HD 720p. Should I go into prores or another codec to optimize picture quality since I am going to be doing effects?

My workflow using DVCPRO HD 720p footage and Motion has been straight from a "locked-down" FCP timeline using Color 1.0.2 and happy with the results. I'm not going through ProRes.

Some of the issues we read about were from pre-Color 1.0.2 update.

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
December 14, 2007 04:40PM
I'm not sure I quite follow what you are saying. I want to go into motion to do optical flow on some slo-mo shots and do some special fx. I guess you are saying, go from FCP to color...do the grading, then after returning to FCP, then go to motion and finish the workflow?
December 19, 2007 12:11AM
Mike
want to go into motion to do optical flow on some slo-mo shots and do some special fx. I guess you are saying, go from FCP to color...do the grading, then after returning to FCP, then go to motion and finish the workflow?

Hi, Mike smiling smiley

Do you need to grade those Motion files? if not you don't need to do anything.

If you do need to grade the Motion files, slomo them and do the optical flow render and make a .mov and edit back to FCP timeline (replace the originals) then send to Color.

Sorry for the confusion

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics