Send To FCP from Color

Posted by furrybaer 
Send To FCP from Color
January 26, 2008 05:25PM
I am new to Color and FCP but I have been able to "send to color", then perform some primary and secondary grades. Then I "Rendered" the clips and tried to "Send to FCP". 2 things: Sometimes, the Sequence will show up in FCP, but the media will be "Offline". I try to reconnect it, but when I choose the folder where the Rendered Clips are, the Mac just "Bonks" at me.

#2: Sometimes when I "Send to FCP" after rendering, the new Sequence does NOT show up in FCP.

HELP? I really like Color and I am learning how to use it quickly, but it does me no good if I can't see my changes back in FCP.

We are using FCP Studio 2 on a Mac Book Pro(2 months old) with 2 Gigs of Ram. Media/Sequences are stored on an external USB 2.0 connected drive.

Thanks

Mark
Re: Send To FCP from Color
February 11, 2008 10:44PM
Hi,

We encountered this bug in Color 1.01, FCP 6.01 - there is a workaround. Once you've rendered your grade in Color export the project as a XML then re-import the XML file to Color re-render and then send to FCP - boring but it works. Also, before trying to play the graded (from Color) sequence in FCP quit out of Color. Keep a careful eye on where you a putting your rendered Color grades, because then you can relink your FCP sequence to them.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics