Worst Mac Interface Ever?

Posted by Ken Kessie 
Worst Mac Interface Ever?
February 20, 2008 06:55PM
In my 20 years working on Mac, Color is the worst, least intuitive program I've ever encountered.
What were these designers thinking?
I don't know if this program is any good, but an interface re-design is needed pronto.

Ken Kessie
Re: Worst Mac Interface Ever?
February 20, 2008 07:01PM
They didn't design it, they bought it. The setup is more about simulating something that makes pro Colourists feel at home and less about being Mac like.

The program is very powerful, if a bit buggy still.

February 21, 2008 12:16AM
Ken
In my 20 years working on Mac, Color is the worst, least intuitive program I've ever encountered.
What were these designers thinking?
I don't know if this program is any good, but an interface re-design is needed pronto.

Hi, Ken &n Jude smiling smiley

You mean to tell me you don't like the microscopic text? tongue sticking out smiley

Yea, it's in need of an Apple redesign to make it more like Aperture and while they're at it maybe redesign FCP.

smiling smiley

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
February 21, 2008 07:04AM
The design suited the needs of the colourists who initially used it. I'm sure Apple will put some magic into it's interface, if they feel like it. But Shake's interface is harder IMHO.

Graeme
March 11, 2008 06:42PM
Gonna disagree with you Ken,
The Color interface style is similar to many high-end tools such as DaVinci, Autodesk/Discreet products, Quantel products. It's not that Color's interface doesn't suite the task, it's that a standard Mac interface may not be best for all tasks your are asking the computer to do.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics