Color works on MacBook Pro, but not Mac Pro

Posted by Boyd Dash 
Color works on MacBook Pro, but not Mac Pro
March 09, 2008 09:11PM
Last November, I tried unsuccessfully to open Color on my new 8-core Mac Pro. I tried trashing prefs, reinstalling; all the procedures in the long forum thread. Gave up to continue editing.
On the road, last week, I tried Color in my MacBook Pro, and it works, but the faster Mac Pro would be better, so I just did the drill again. Color 1.0 would open after reinstalling FCS2. Updated to Color 1.02; now it crashes right after the first screen (which says version 1.02) Console crash log says it crashes at thread 0. Any new ideas since the November thread with, I believe, "Dom"? BTW, I don't try to run the two computers at the same time.
Re: Color works on MacBook Pro, but not Mac Pro
March 09, 2008 11:26PM
Boyd
Last November, I tried unsuccessfully to open Color on my new 8-core Mac Pro. I tried trashing prefs, reinstalling; all the procedures in the long forum thread. Gave up to continue editing.
On the road, last week, I tried Color in my MacBook Pro, and it works, but the faster Mac Pro would be better, so I just did the drill again. Color 1.0 would open after reinstalling FCS2. Updated to Color 1.02; now it crashes right after the first screen (which says version 1.02) Console crash log says it crashes at thread 0. Any new ideas since the November thread with, I believe, "Dom"? BTW, I don't try to run the two computers at the same time.

Hi, Boyd smiling smiley

A few things to check (I'm sure you've thought of these), but have you clicked on the sequence in FCP browser and "Send To Color?"

What graphic card is in the mac pro?

delete the preferences?

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
Re: Color works on MacBook Pro, but not Mac Pro
March 10, 2008 10:43AM
Done all that.
Two graphics cards:
ATI Radeon x1900 xt
NVIDIA 7300 gt
Running 4 monitors in other FCS2 apps wtih no issues.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics