Experiences with improving "underexposed" look?

Posted by pbuhl 
Experiences with improving "underexposed" look?
April 02, 2008 09:33PM
I'm editing an HDV feature (1080x1920 60i) and some scenes are a bit dark for me,
look a bit underexposed. Planning to capture the online with ProRes, then use Color.
I need to learn the Color app in general, but I'm curious if anyone has had good experiences
with this kind of fix in Color. I'm cutting the offline version with DV25 anamorphic. The 3 way
color tool in FCP (which I have had very good experiences with on other projects) is giving
me a very noisy result when I bring the DV25 up to the contrast I like for the shots. I'm hoping
that with the ProRes codec and Color, I will not have this issue.

Thanks.

Paul Buhl
www.acifilms.com/paulbuhl.htm
Re: Experiences with improving "underexposed" look?
April 02, 2008 11:16PM
Paul
... some scenes are a bit dark for me,
look a bit underexposed. Planning to capture the online with ProRes, then use Color.
I need to learn the Color app in general, but I'm curious if anyone has had good experiences
with this kind of fix in Color...

Hi, Paul smiling smiley

Once you do get the footage into Color it will handle the under exposure fine. What I would recommend is to remove the Broadcast Safe option in SetUp>Project Settings. Use the scopes to see the blacks (0%) and whites (100%). You adjust the contrast first then make a midtone adjustment.

You might consider buying the book APTS Color book by D. Gross and M Wohl it's covered in the first two lessons.

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics