For outdoor shooting, can most sunlight problems be corrected in Final Cut Studio?

Posted by economicsprofessor 
For outdoor shooting, I have been told and noticed that when the sky is completely overcast it makes filming and dealing with lighting easier. The problem is waiting for such weather conditions to occur.

Do the color correction properties of Final Cut Pro and Color make this a non-issue? In other words, do you folks feel perfectly happy in your work shooting outdoors in full sunlight with few or no clouds and then adjusting whites and blacks in the editing process? I am making a documentary with many outdoor interviews (subjects sitting on benches) and I am wondering how you folks deal with such issues. I have wasted a lot of time waiting for the sky to cloud up. Thank you.....
Re: For outdoor shooting, can most sunlight problems be corrected in Final Cut Studio?
April 08, 2008 08:12PM
You can diffuse the light on them by mounting a reflector on a C Stand above them, or choose a bench in a shady area. basically, control the lighting yourself.

Re: For outdoor shooting, can most sunlight problems be corrected in Final Cut Studio?
April 22, 2008 10:34AM
To reiterate the answer above, there are some thing you can do if the scene is in full sun light but generally the better you plan in shooting, the better the end result will be.

I recently edited a 70 minute music set shot with three DV cameras. The stage lighting was different when looking from stage left that from stage right. Bad color lights abounded and all I could do was to color correct each clip as best I could to compensate. Not my best work but since I didn't shoot the scene, I did all I could, and it took at least twice as long!

It really comes down to "garbage in = garbage out"
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics