First questions

Posted by strypes 
First questions
May 18, 2008 11:00AM
Just got started on it over the weekend. Hoping to get a good hand on it before i pick out the books.

1) Where are the auto white/auto black balance? Do they exist?

2) Anyway to tweak the properties of the color fx?

EDIT:
3) Does it open FCP project files, or just XML/EDL?
(my dumbest question ever... yea... why would i want to color correct 3 weeks of offline edit sequences in color?)

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: First questions
May 18, 2008 08:24PM
It's like Da Vinci. You can tweak to any degree in any direction. Best to get the books, or at least find some starter tutorials, because it's not that self-explanatory.

May 18, 2008 10:58PM
While your waiting for those books and DVD's, here's like Jude said
Color Starter Tutes
May 19, 2008 06:55AM
thanks for the links... i'll check them out later. I usually start tweaking around first, and i try to get a basic understanding of the software before i hit the books. It's more... fun.

I was wondering if you could tweak around with the individual settings of each effect in the color fx room... I think perhaps you can, coz some just don't make sense.

Every tutorial i've seen so far doesn't cover an auto white feature....

www.strypesinpost.com
May 23, 2008 01:36PM
Walter Biscardi has a quick tutorial talking about the Color's autobalance button.
Link

Walter also has a very, very good tutorial DVD where he pretty much touches on dang near every button/clickable item in Color.
Link

-A
May 24, 2008 02:56PM
Ah! so that's where it is... Lol. I'm really busy right now (and probably will be for the next couple of weeks) to sit down and get tutorials done on Color. I'll probably drop an order in a couple of weeks when my schedule lightens up. Thanks for the link.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics