Mixed files after send to FCP from Color

Posted by rpyle 
Mixed files after send to FCP from Color
July 29, 2008 11:12AM
I have been working in color for several sequences in a row. The latest one I sent to color and corrected it. Rendered it. Everything here is fine. Clips are all proper. I sent to FCP and the resulting sequence in FCP is a mix of the clips from another of the sequences I've been working on and some of the the proper clips and a bunch of missing clips. Anyone have idea what to do but to start over. By the way the color corrected sequence from which the incorrect files are coming is fine in FCP.(Color 1.0.2,FCP 6.0.4)
Re: Mixed files after send to FCP from Color
August 06, 2008 01:10AM
Sorry for stating the obvious... This sounds like some kind of screw-up from the
"send to Color" back to FCP - (or some of the linking of the clips has changed..) but did you do everything by the book as far as sending from and to FCP?
August 06, 2008 06:35AM
Working with Color and FCP presents the same mine field that we find everywhere else when it comes to all things Final Cut Studio: There's more than one way to do almost everything.

My workflow, which has been very solid for me, is to eschew the "send to" commands, and export an XML from Final Cut. I import this into Color, then dive into the Finder to move the automatically-saved Color project file from the default projects directory into the directory where I save my show's Color projects.

When I'm done grading, I export an XML from Color, and import that into Final Cut. The only real inconvenience is that timelines brought back from Color via XML have unlinked stereo tracks; I have to re-link them by hand before exporting to Soundtrack for mixing.

Give this a try. It's possible you've just run into a quirk of the "send to" process, and that doing the transfers from one program to the other may fix that.
August 08, 2008 11:57AM
Are "setting up" your project correctly?
Where is the Color media, Color renders etc going?
I would think FC could get confused using the default settings which on my system go directly
to the internal HD.
RyanHolmes

Ryan explains this well.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics