Color/FCP "send to FCP" failure

Posted by rmilestone 
Color/FCP "send to FCP" failure
December 08, 2008 10:01PM
I am exploring Color and had the following hang up: Clip in ProRes422HIQ goes to Color and Renders but on return loop it "hangs up" at 69% of the "load XML indicator bar" in FCP. THis occurs whether I return via "SEND TO FCP" or I export XML from Color to file and import XML file from FCP. ALways hangs at same place.
AND I can send a clip to Color from a different project (DV25) and then use "Send to FCP" from Color with no problem.

The ProRes data files are on a Sonnet Raid Array, The FCP project file and the Color project files both live on the internal boot drive. The data fles for the DV25 project

MAC QUAD Core 10.4.11, FCP 6.0.2 Color 1.0.2.

Anyone else seen this problem? or have any ideas about solving it?
Re: Color/FCP "send to FCP" failure
December 17, 2008 03:04PM
What are your render settings in COLOR?
December 18, 2008 08:32AM
I am using "original format" or whatever the default says when doing the round trip. I had no problem with another project with DV format.

I am suspecting that the problem is that this clip is part of a multiclip. I had "collapsed" the multiclip on this clip IN THIS SEQUENCE and thought that would be sufficient to over ride the multiclip problem. But I now suspect that you must "collapse" any instances of the multiclip when sending to color. Does anyone have info about this, or experience?

BTW I am in FCP 6.0.4.
December 18, 2008 01:38PM
Oh yeah, COLOR hates anything other than a simple video clip on video track 1 on the sequence timeline, this means no stacked video tracks, no JPEGs, no nested sequences, no nothing other than video on a single track. I had COLOR go into all kinds of funky 80's disco mode on me for having a few JPEGs and TIFFs peppered along a sequence's timeline. cheers
August 02, 2009 10:54AM
>THis occurs whether I return via "SEND TO FCP" or I export XML from Color to file and import
>XML file from FCP. ALways hangs at same place.

i'm a bit behind the times here.. I had a bit of an issue sending back the sequences to FCP a while ago, but now I do this- create a new project in FCP, then from Color, 'send to FCP'. I noticed that I had bloated up XML file sizes when I exported an XML from Color, and sending to FCP/importing XML both were extremely sluggish affairs (and i never seem to get it to work). So I've been sending the graded sequences to a new FCP project, then once it's in the FCP world, I copy them over to my FCP editing project. works like a charm.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics