Color on roundtrip If/Then for NOT BAKING

Posted by J.Corbett 
Color on roundtrip If/Then for NOT BAKING
February 15, 2009 12:35PM
Bare with me this is an odd question.

If i do not bake any of my stills or the motion tab effects and send that TL to color will color allow the xml data that goes back to motion to still place all of the clips in their proper place?

My theory is that i can send the TL to color then cc and grade the clips. The parts of the TL that should have been baked will come back to fcp as either offline clips or blank spaces. (true / false)

So, if color sends the TL back as a seq. I will have one seq unaffected by color and the color seq. I could then plug the parts that should have been baked into the color TL and copy/paste attributes.

This may have to be done in reverse but can it be done? What would be some of the major problems i would run into?

I ask this before i do it because its a 45m TL that has a lot of stills and some very simple filtering on certain clips (all scripts no fxplugs). I only want to effect the interview and b-roll parts, because the stills can be efficiently done with the 3way (only contrast and maybe hue after the color round trip.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Color on roundtrip If/Then for NOT BAKING
February 19, 2009 03:03AM
I'd duplicate your timeline, remove anything not 'Color friendly' and send that properly prepped TL into Color. Sending things into Color that it doesn't like can have odd consequences that could take more time to fix than just avoiding them in the first place. Reframing shots using the Motion Tab usually survives the round trip okay, but I'd say 10% of my reframed shots don't match up coming back from Color and have to be adjusted to mach the pre-Color edit.

-A
February 19, 2009 10:51AM
thanks,
i am loving color and as soon as i get a new home in the Caribbean, we are moving there to raise a family. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I wish that would fix it so that it could take some of the baking we have to do away. However not all love affairs are perfect.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
February 19, 2009 11:03AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Color 2.0 will be a more robust program so we don't have to do as much prep as we do now.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics