Time codes in COLOR?

Posted by Marcus2 
Time codes in COLOR?
August 10, 2009 06:45AM
Hi Guys, I wonder if someone can help me? I am editing a clip which has a stock footage reel as its main source. After I've edited, I send to Color, which opens up fine. The clips are all there as you would expect. After grading them I want to render them and then export back into FCP. However when I look at the render queue, the timecode ins and outs of most of the clips are not set correctly. Instead of showing the 3 or 4 secs as it should, it has the entire length of the clip in, which is some sixteen and a half minutes! Out of 10 clips, this error appears on 8 of them.. I hope this is clear..

Any advice appreciated..

Marcus.

Marcus T
iCreate! digital|post
12 Core Mac Pro, Snow Leopard, FCP 7.0.3, 8Gb Memory.
Re: Time codes in COLOR?
August 16, 2009 04:41AM
No idea what is happening, but i do know that the TC insertion has been changed in 1.5
(It now also includes the original Reelname.)

So you might want to upgrade.

Bouke
www.videotoolshed.com
August 20, 2009 05:06PM
Got any SPEED CHANGES in there? Color don't like speed changes. ANd even though the new 1.5 handles them better, it still don't like them much.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
August 21, 2009 12:46PM
Handles. Did you set the handles in Color correctly?

>It now also includes the original Reelname.

Ah yes, this is really cool. I can't imagine how they left this one out originally... What I would actually like to see, is a change to the way Color stores the autosave project files, basically, everything's on the same drive, which really shouldn't be done that way.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 11, 2009 06:53AM
Hi friends,
I am new in this site.I would like to know what is Time codes in COLOR?How it is being used????Please tell me I am also interested to know this....
Hope for soon reply.
Thanks in advance.

gelée royale
September 11, 2009 08:06AM
Hello Josh,

Since we haven't met, allow me to ask a couple of questions.. What level are you at? Do you understand Final Cut? Can you edit? Do you know what Color is? These may sound dumb, but unfortunately your question is really broad...

Let me know..

Regards,

Marcus.

Marcus T
iCreate! digital|post
September 11, 2009 08:10AM
Hello Shane/ guys,

Sorry its taken me so long to respond. Yeah that was it, speed changes.
So I guess the best would be to export them at the desired speed with handles,
re-import them, butt them up on a timeline in FCP and send that to COLOR?

Thanks for the input, it really seemed wierd that it was processing the whole reel..

Lata,

Marcus.

Marcus T
iCreate! digital|post
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics