Bug in Color 1.5.1??

Posted by bossy22 
Bug in Color 1.5.1??
December 03, 2009 04:30PM
Hello everybody,

Color 1.5.1 gives me a little headache..
whenever I send a sequence to it, grade it, and then send it back to fcp 7, the grading on the individual clips seems to be different, although in color I've applied the same grades to the clips. I even saved favorites and pulled them onto the clips.. In color the clips seem to have the same grade, but back in fcp the individual clips are slightly different..
If I have one clip in color and apply the grades, everything is cool..
Has anybody had the same experience? This makes the work a big hassle, since I have to import a whole source clip into color, grade it, and then send that back to fcp to edit it..

thanx

bossy
Re: Bug in Color 1.5.1??
December 07, 2009 03:39PM
Please tell me you are judging the quality on an EXTERNAL MONITOR or TV...and NOT the computer monitor and canvas windows on both COLOR and FCP. That won't work, and will only cause confusion.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 12, 2009 07:07AM
Hello,

do you mean that it's normal that Canvas windows on color and FCP don't have the same look?!
Because I have this problem as well (Working with a HP LP2475W as second monitor) and I don't understand from where comes the difference, and how I can correct it!!
Thank you

Sébastien
December 14, 2009 07:29PM
>do you mean that it's normal that Canvas windows on color and FCP don't have the same look?!

Yes.

>and I don't understand from where comes the difference, and how I can correct it!!

You don't. You judge your color correction on an external HDTV or broadcast monitor via a capture card. A computer monitor is NEVER the place to judge the quality of the final. If you are aiming for the web, it is probably better to judge with the COLOR interface. FCP lowers quality to ensure proper full frame playback. Every NLE does this.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics