Sending to Color

Posted by DCA_Film 
Sending to Color
April 12, 2010 05:30PM
Greetings,
I am sending quite a large project to Color, it is a Multi clip sequence that I am sending, I have collapsed the sequence prior to sending it, however I am finding one camera angle is being sent to color with the wrong time code, or should I say the footage is not what is in the timeline, there are a few minutes that were deleted (removal of a speaker or two). The deleted footage is showing up when the sequence is sent to color. This is only happening to ONE angle. I noticed it AFTER I sent the project back to color, and all of that angle was completely out of sync.
Thankfully I saved the timing droplets(for a lack of better terms),

I set up the render before I go home for the night.

I am working with Color 1.0.4, FCP 6.06, 2x 2.8 Quad-Core intel Xeon(running OS 10.5.8), with 10 gigs of ram.
The footage is 720 60p.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Andrew
Re: Sending to Color
April 14, 2010 04:16PM
Try to avoid sending multiclips to Color. Instead, bake in your clips, notch the edits and send to Color. That, or use MM.

I'm not sure how many guys managed to get multiclips to work in Color consistently.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 14, 2010 04:43PM
Thanks Gerard for the response, there is no happiness here at the moment, sheesh this will be UGLY!
Stupid question but baking in the clip is doing a frame match? I have never heard that term before.
April 15, 2010 01:04PM
It's sort of an informal term, which we refer to exporting a self contained quicktime movie to "bake in" the filters on that clip before we send them to Color.

If I were you, I would definitely try to see if I can get Media Manager to work on those clips. Select the sequence in the browser, right click, select recompress, switch codec to ProRes HQ (or Uncompressed if you have a fast enough drive and large enough storage), and get it to trim the media.

I recently wrote up on this process:

[strypesinpost.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics