Color Calibrating 23" Cinema Display - need suggestions

Posted by jmlpost 
Color Calibrating 23" Cinema Display - need suggestions
April 28, 2010 09:05PM
O - great LAFCPUG, once again I turn to you for help and suggestions!

I have recently started using COLOR, and as I learn I'm seeing the increasing need to be sure that my display monitor (23" Apple Cinema Display) is at the very least reasonably accurate. I've looked at a couple software-only solutions, as well as sensor based solutions and I'm just not sure what the best thing to use might be for this purpose. Does the calibration hold while using any kind of software? I have many questions.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be most excited and grateful. Thoughts will be rewarded with generous compliments (ex. "Nice tie!"winking smiley!

Thank you so much for your help!

Josh Logan
Re: Color Calibrating 23" Cinema Display - need suggestions
April 29, 2010 02:35PM
The only option is to buy the Matrox MXO (the original one).

-Andrew
April 29, 2010 07:24PM
And this is because, in a nutshell, a computer monitor, no matter how beautiful, is not the same as a broadcast monitor. They have different ways of displaying lots of things. The Matrox MXO can make it possible to a pretty good degree, but apart from that, you need a broadcast monitor for accurate colour display.

April 30, 2010 11:36PM
Computer monitors (as well as the visual signal) are designed for a different purpose altogether. You need a broadcast monitor for that. Or at least an MXO as a 2nd monitor which will provide a decent approximation.

www.strypesinpost.com
May 03, 2010 10:57PM
Do I need to whip out my review? Do I? I think I will.

WHIP OUT!

[magazine.creativecow.net]

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 06, 2010 12:32PM
I just got back in from out of town - thanks to all of you for your responses! I'll give it a shot and see if that helps!!

You guys rule!!

Josh
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics