Color ui out of wack

Posted by sgscott 
Color ui out of wack
July 13, 2010 01:17PM
Color 1.5.2
FCP 7.0.2
AJA LHi SDI out to FS LM-1760w
I added a 2nd apple video card and connected up a 3rd monitor to it.

1. When in Color, Single display mode, the UI extends beyond the borders and the mouse over areas are off (ex. pointer has to be below the timeline to select the cti).

2. Also the clips will not play. When I hit the space bar, the cti jumps to the beginning of the clip and freezes.

3. Nothing plays on the broadcast monitor from the LHi. I can step through the timeline one frame at a time with the arrow keys and see it on the scopes and preview, but nothing out of the LHi.

This also happens in Dual Display mode with the exception that the UI is no longer outside of the window borders.

The LHi and broadcast monitor play fine from FCP?

Any insights? Does the Color UI get mixed up when a second video card exists, as well as the AJA LHi?
Re: Color ui out of wack
July 13, 2010 01:49PM
AFAIK Color doesn't like it when a 2nd video card is installed. Color v.1.0.x typically wouldn't even boot up if it detected another video card (even something like an AJA or Blackmagic card in extended desktop mode).

-Andrew
Re: Color ui out of wack
July 13, 2010 03:12PM
Thanks Andrew.

You're right. I pulled the card out and Color now seems to work fine. Well, back to the drawing board.

So it seems that as long as both monitors are on the primary video card, things works fine.

Scotty
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics