Multiple Vignettes

Posted by MarkLeavenworth 
Multiple Vignettes
June 30, 2011 02:19PM
What is the solution for tracking multiple, color corrected, vignettes that can be rendered?
Re: Multiple Vignettes
July 05, 2011 09:38AM
You should be able to track more than one vignette. I don't remember doing that, but I may have.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 05, 2011 05:24PM
You can track multiple vignettes in color, one in each secondary room, but you can't export the tracking of any vignettes into FCP. That makes me think COLOR did not originate with Apple. But I'm new at this, so there's likely some other cause, reason and solution.
July 11, 2011 02:24PM
Oh yea, Color did not originate with FCP. Color used to be called Final Touch and was owned by Silicon Color. Wasn't a bad color correction system, but was pricey, not when you compare it to a Resolve (back then), but it was still out of the reach of many. So Color was a welcome move by many. In fact, FCS 2 was my favorite FCP upgrade in terms of features, and FCS 3 had some features that I liked and some that I hated, but that was still a pretty good upgrade, with most of the changes coming in under the hood (better metadata support, like Color can now keep reel names). That year, was Apple's year of the NLE. No Conan O'Brien parody, no black humor of FCP edited to Steve Job's '97 Keynote address... Of course, today it doesn't matter, as it has been EOL'ed, just like Shake before it.

Color is a powerful color correction software, but like any color correction software, it was designed to color correct, not for visual effects. Color is not Mocha and the one point tracker sucks when you compare it to Mocha, but it was largely fine for color correction. The workflow is like a typical post production workflow, but in an indie style- tie down your offline cut in FCP, send to Color, grade it, send it back to FCP, and send parts of it to Motion or After Effects for treatment and titles. Just like how you will work with Avid/FCP to Resolve to Smoke. Very versatile and powerful workflow once you understand how things work in a post environment, when you really care about your output.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 12, 2011 02:11PM
mark, you can have up to 8 different vignettes (secondaries room) that Color will render out to fcp. the vignettes will be baked into the new rendered clips.

since you're new to Color, Color was made so that you take your finished fcp project into Color to do the final grading & stylizing. Color was not really made for roundtripping the way we do with Soundtrack Pro or Motion etc. Generally speaking, Color is the final application you would use prior to taking the project back to fcp & to Compressor.

btw, it is very important to save a duplicate of your sequence prior to sending the working live fcp sequence into Color just in case -- so you'll have a backup of your work.

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics