Crazy shift from FCP to Color

Posted by Ethan 
Crazy shift from FCP to Color
July 16, 2011 05:31PM
This is the 3 way first correction from FCP:

Here is the image as it looked in color:

I really like working in color, other then it not playing real time. But... I like to do some CC in FCP to make shots match a little here and there. The three way color feature is supposed to carry over.

Is this a useless workflow and should I consider any color work done in FCP as merely temp? I may only be working with this software for the next 18 months, but that's still a considerable chunk of time. What is up with that shift?

This is D5 footage trans-coded to ProRes 4444. I checked and its not any other filter doing this. I work with a Matrox MXO2, these images where screencaps from my dell monitor which is calibrated with a Spyder 2.
Re: Crazy shift from FCP to Color
July 16, 2011 09:31PM
The images aren't appearing for me.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
July 16, 2011 10:26PM
you can right click on the thumbnail with the "?" and then open image in new window

they're of green tinted photo & a basic color corrected image

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
March 01, 2012 06:06PM
DELL monitor? COMPUTER monitor? Even with an MXO2, a computer display doesn't have the right panel/electronics to play back a proper video signal. COmputer signal, yes, video...no.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics