Corrupted clips in Color (replacing??)

Posted by Ben Ged Low 
Corrupted clips in Color (replacing??)
March 12, 2012 01:34PM
Sent show from FCP to Color. Got halfway through grading to discover three of the clips sent from FCP are corrupted (just their aspect ratio). This may have been due to SmoothCam filters on these clips, which I had not deleted before sending the project to Color.

Question: I've already graded most of the show. Is there a way I can replace the three errant clips IN Color ... without having to resend the whole show from FCP and redo all the grading? What might be a process that would allow me to do this. Or some way to copy all the color grading settings I've already done on the show ... to be applied to a completely new project (the same show resent from FCP in total)?

Any suggestions?

After years of avoiding Color I am now a super fan, in less than a week; I love it.
Re: Corrupted clips in Color (replacing??)
March 12, 2012 02:48PM
My original show was mostly HDV. I used Media Manager to convert the whole thing to ProRes. It was the ProRes project I sent to Color. I thought maybe those particular clips had been corrupted in the process of conversion, so I re-converted them, HDV to ProRes. And I replaced the original ProRes clips with these new ones, THEN re-sent the project to Color.

Nope, no difference. And here is the kicker. The corrupted clips are right next to 2 just fine clips ... and all the clips are from ONE ORIGINAL SHOT ... the original XDCam Media ... which was merely cut on the timeline and then sent to Color. As far as I can tell, going to the source media (now ProRes), all the source media opens in Quicktime as ProRes, 1920 X 1080 and looks just fine.

Any ideas?

I try re-linking the clips on the timeline in Color to the original media. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
Re: Corrupted clips in Color (replacing??)
March 13, 2012 05:48AM
Try exporting you smooth cam clips as self contained quicktime and bring them back into a a FCP timeline on its own. Send that to Color, grade and re-insert back into your original timeline.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics