export>quicktime: general error (34)

Posted by stringbean 
export>quicktime: general error (34)
July 28, 2009 10:04PM
hi

i'm using fcpro 6.0
i have a macpro, os10.5.6, 1 gb ram, extermal dive is a 120 gb fathom,
which is my scratch disk.

i created a tv show last year in fc pro for "stringbean", but for youtube (and i'm just starting up with youtube), this year, i only want the cloud song segment of the tv show. so i made a copy of the stringbean fcpro file, deleted the parts of the show i do not want and moved the 3 minute cloud song segment to the beginning of the timeline. i did a *save as* and renamed this edited fcpro file "thecloudsong", then i went to file> export > quicktime. but i keep getting a general error (34).

i don't get this "general error (34)." when exporting to quicktime with a nonprofit fcpro video on the same external drive.

originally, when i first set out to export the the cloud song of the "stringbean show", yesterday,  i went to file> export> quicktime conversion. and used custom settings via a video i saw on *about.com* for uploading videos to youtube. this video stated to use quicktime conversion and not quicktime.  i wrote these setting options down  but after i set them all up, i kept getting a codec error, over + over. and I do not know how to get the quicktime conversion settings back to their default settings.

today, i went back to my nonprofit video to see its regular export> quicktime settings, took a screenshot, closed the nonprofit video, went back to the "thecloudsong" file, opened it, went to file>export>quicktime and compared the screenshot to the "thecloudsong" quicktime settings and they are the same. but again when i clicked ok, i got the general error (34) again.

my question is why do i keep getting this error?
is it possible that by screwing up the "stringbean" export > quicktime conversion option settings yesterday, that it has somehow messed up the stringbean/thecloudsong regular export to quicktime?

or maybe when i deleted all parts of the stringbean show except the cloud song,
i should have left the song where it originally was on the timeline
and not have moved the song to the beginning of the timeline?

what could possibly be giving me errors?

i'm hoping someone can help me, if not then please direct me to an information source that can.

thank you in advance.

bean
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics