Xvid

Posted by plugues 
Xvid
October 10, 2009 07:38AM
Is it possible to add components to Apple Compressor? I want to include Xvid, so that when I export a video to multiple formats, xvid will be one of them. In case it's not possible, what's the best way to encode to xvid on OSX?
Re: Xvid
October 10, 2009 10:20AM
The QT component is here. I haven't tried it yet (downloading now), but you should be able to install it.

To create a setting in Compressor, in the settings palette, click on the "+" drop down menu on the right of the search bar, select QT movie. Then go to the custom presets, double click it and switch the video encoder to xvid.

[n.ethz.ch]

www.strypesinpost.com
October 10, 2009 10:45AM
Okay, I just tried the QT component. Apparently it doesn't seem to work...

www.strypesinpost.com
October 10, 2009 11:32AM
Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? I only ask because the odds are fair that you don't actually need Xvid. Xvid has a very poor reputation for being a low-quality, poorly compatible format. There are usually better alternatives, if you aren't for some reason absolutely locked into that format.

October 10, 2009 11:45AM
Apparently the xvid download off the Xvid page that links off the Apple website isn't working. This works however.

[mac.softpedia.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
October 10, 2009 11:48AM
Jeff has a point too. Why do you need Xvid? There really isn't any functional use for it anymore, just like there isn't much of a functional use for Flash's VP6.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 11, 2009 02:03AM
compatibility issues

i'm using ffmpegx and handbrake, both seem to be working just fine
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics