Compressor ignores a change made in FCP timeline

Posted by drtuzi 
Compressor ignores a change made in FCP timeline
October 31, 2009 02:28AM
This is a weird one...

40 second bit - FCP 7 sequence settings: Pro Res, 30 fps, 800x600 (48 kHz 16 bit stereo)

Compressor 3.5.1 settings: Animation, 10fps, Keyframe every 100 frames, 800x600 (44.1 kHz mono)

I go back to timeline to fix something - a hard cut from one still frame to another - send to compressor - and the output doesn't reflect the change.

I think maybe it's the still frames - so I change it - one live action shot cuts into another. Compressor doesn't read it properly. The first shot FREEZES and holds for two seconds too long before cutting to the next shot.

So then I export as quicktime movie (sequence settings) and the new mov tracks the cut properly.

I dump the new mov into compressor and try to output with the same animation codec setting - AND IT DOES WHAT IT DID BEFORE WHEN THE SEQUENCE WAS SENT.

I try outputting using another compressor setting - h.264 - the cut is where it belongs.

Thinking something's wrong with my Animation setting - I build a new one with the client specs - doesn't matter - same thing happens.

Is it possible that the animation codec can fixate on one spot to screw up so resolutely?

Thanks in advance for comments...
Re: Compressor ignores a change made in FCP timeline
October 31, 2009 03:40AM
Not sure what you're doing, as that totally lost me.

>Keyframe every 100 frames

Set that to Keyframe every frame.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics