AVCHD conversion for editing (FCP or Premiere Pro)

Posted by Theiamania 
February 03, 2011 02:49PM

Hallo guys,
I've a Panasonic 151 and I'd like to know :

- Is really Wrapclip Converter a good sw for AVCHD files from my Panasoni 151? In this case, which are the best settings? (Apple Pro Res 422 and "convert Audio ti LPCM"????)

- Should I utilize another better sw (like Aunsoft MTS Converter, for example...) or is the same?

- Can I in Compression import native AVCHD files (MTS) and converter for FCP?

P.s. FCP native conversion is really slow and you have to keep a lot of original file from SDHC Card...

THX!
Re: AVCHD conversion for editing (FCP or Premiere Pro)
February 04, 2011 07:58AM
I would avoid companies like Aunsoft. They are spamware companies (more interested in getting your personal info than anything else). There are a few of these kinds of companies, who are not well-established and operate from shady locales. Caveat emptor.

Clipwrap, on the other hand, comes from a known company and works well. There are other tools available, as well.

-Dave

P.S. - Another company to avoid is Pavtube. In fact, both Pavtube and Aunsoft have identically-named products (isnt' that a coincidence).
February 04, 2011 02:04PM
THX!
But can you suggest me some "good" companies?
February 04, 2011 02:21PM
[www.divergentmedia.com]

Avchd for most cameras can be ingested via log and transfer if you have a Mac bought in the last 5 years. You may have to download the driver from the manufacturer's website.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 04, 2011 02:30PM
I'Ve just clipwarp.
FCP Log and transfer is so slow...

THX!
February 04, 2011 02:38PM
I haven't used ClipWrap, but the Canon AVCHD I've ingested with Log and Transfer has been very fast. Anybody who's worked with both Canon and Panasonic AVCHD? Is the latter slower than the former?

www.derekmok.com
February 04, 2011 03:02PM
I've footage from Panasonic 151 and is really slow...and you have to keep many other files in the SDHC directory...
February 04, 2011 03:17PM
> you have to keep many other files in the SDHC directory...

That's a fact of life. Every tapeless camera has a directory structure, whether the camera shoots to a card or an internal drive, and that structure has to be maintained.

www.derekmok.com
February 12, 2011 05:07PM
What Derek said. Think of the card as the digital equivalent of your film mag or video tape. Store it in a safe place away from heat.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics