Copy protection macrovision?

Posted by Joe Riggs 
Copy protection macrovision?
April 04, 2011 02:48PM
Has anyone tried implementing these on DVD's made with DVD Studio pro? Do they actually prevent copies?
Re: Copy protection macrovision?
April 04, 2011 02:56PM
...that has to be done at a replication house.

From the DVD Studio Pro Manual: [support.apple.com]

DVD Studio Pro supports both analog and digital forms of copy protection. When using either form, the DVD Studio Pro project must be taken to an authoring facility so the copy protection can be enabled during the replication process.

And yes they do work as they are supposed to - however there are far too many ways to crack the copy-protection of any digital/analogue media so I really have no idea why anyone bothers anymore.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: Copy protection macrovision?
April 09, 2011 01:41PM
Ben is right, as usual.
Anyone who really, really wants to copy something will find a way to do so. And even once the video is out of the original DVD, the only way to ownerproof video these days is to run a bug from start to finish, which is what almost every network is doing, including PBS.
Unfortunately, some bugs are so irritatingly intrusive, like the one used by my local KCET (Los Angeles); it often covers critical graphic elements of what I'm watching!
No wonder in the UK bugs are called DOG (digital on-screen graphic).

Sorry, Joe. Even watermarking might not stop piracy.

Alberto
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics