Compressor won't show correct Aspect Ratio

Posted by Francois 
Compressor won't show correct Aspect Ratio
June 28, 2009 05:01AM
If I drop a rasterized HD format in Compressor if seems it won't interpret the anamorphose right.
Any app will, (QuickTime reader will, not compressor

1440... 1280 ... what ever ... tall heads ! (in the preview window) and the resulting compression the same, witch is the real problem

The inspector for the source won't help me
I spent some time trying to address right pixel format in the target inspector without any result at least in the preview window.

Since some time I am used to have an "inter" QuickTime file in ProRes HQ (1920...) to drop in compressor but it is time consuming to generate it

what am I doing wrong ?
Re: Compressor won't "un-rasterize "
June 28, 2009 02:42PM
What do you mean by "rasterize"?

I regards to your aspect ratio being incorrect (and the term you're looking for here is 'anamorphic'), there is a setting in the Geometry tab labeled 'Pixel Aspect' that may help you here. But we need more info as to what format you're trying to compress to.

BTW, the Preview window in Compressor will not change based on the pixel aspect ratio; you have to export your video to see the results. Any video that is non-square pixel (like DVCProHD or anamorphic footage) always looks "tall" in the Preview window.

HTH,
JK

June 28, 2009 05:21PM
John you wrote :the Preview window in Compressor will not change based on the pixel aspect ratio; you have to export your video to see the results.

there is my answer.... thank you, you are telling me that preview window is not reflecting real result, poor me, I was trusting that thing !

As I wrote in my post I have been already several time in Geometry tab labeled pixel aspect ... with no result in preview window ! well I will try my compressions and, as you say export my video to see the results. .

John & Noah

sorry for having in English introduced a confusion between "raster aspect" and "rasterization", wich apply to compositing of layers. Two different things : my language mistake. I have been doing to much Motion lately
Re: Compressor won't "un-rasterize " (interpret raster)
July 01, 2009 10:38PM
When you choose the export settings you will specify the aspect ratio there.

If you want to see what your export looks like then you need to press the Source/Setting selection button on the top right of the preview window.

This is:

"Make size of window relative to setting's dimensions and aspect ratio"

NB. you MUST have the particular setting selected to see the effect in the preview window.

The default is on:

"Make size of window relative to source dimensions and aspect ratio"

Read the Compressor manual Chapter 3 on page 66 it is all in there!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics