Compressor and 7GB QT outpout

Posted by vt81400 
Compressor and 7GB QT outpout
October 01, 2009 04:04AM
hello,

i am facing a little problem with exporting using compressor please.

I got a QT file 768x576 PAL 25fps 48k 4:3 -anamporphic 169 letterbox export.

is about 30min 7GB. but i have other movies to add to DVDSP as well.

I loaded a 30sec file to see result in Compressor (Co.). I chose DVD 120min 4:3 and MPG2.

It output a file with no sound m2v. I never performed any C. conversion insofar. so is 1st time....

File dimensions are now 720x540. I wonder why and if this will cause distortion to original dimensions 768x576 please.

I primarily wanted to change the audio from 48k aiff to mp3 or other to reduce file size.
However, i cannot find any options to convert aiff to mp3 etc. Is there a certain way i select this choice please ?

OR shall i go back to QT and re-export by using its own options ?

regards,

---
Vassilis Triantafyllidis
www.LemnosExplorer.com
Re: Compressor and 7GB QT outpout
October 07, 2009 11:34AM
It is 720 x 576. That is the PAL standard.

What do you mean "-anamorphic 16:9 letterbox"? Is it letterboxed? Is it anamorphic (vertically stretched)?

>I primarily wanted to change the audio from 48k aiff to mp3 or other to reduce file size.

Why do you want to use mp3s? To upload as a podcast? Use the .ac3 (dolby digital) preset in the DVD preset folder.

>OR shall i go back to QT and re-export by using its own options ?

In FCP, go to Export>Quicktime Movie, "current settings". Bring that to Compressor, drag one of the "DVD 90 min" folders onto your movie settings in Compressor, submit. Then after that, bring the encoded files into DVDSP (follow the instructions on my page).

[strypesinpost.com]

And next time, leave out the "pleases" it makes it hard to read.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics