Compressor error message: 3x Crash Service Down

Posted by Adam Bankhead 
Compressor error message: 3x Crash Service Down
January 25, 2010 10:29PM
I upgraded to FCS3, and started getting this cryptic error message: 3x Crash Service Down. It happens almost immediately after batch is submitted. It only happens to video compression (not audio). It seems to happen more on larger encode jobs (timeline longer than 1 hour or so), and seems to happen more on MPEG-2 encodes. But it doesn't happen consistently enough for me to consider any of these observations relevant.

I tried submitting from FCP timeline, drag-n-dropping movie on Compressor icon, opening and navigating to file from within Compressor, Droplet, etc., etc. Changing submission method seems to work a few times, but the message always returns.

On google searches and other forums, I've seen people posting about this since at least 2008, and I can't find a solution anywhere. Some people think it might have something to do with QMaster/network connections, but still no solution.

I'm on a 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2G RAM. I recently formatted the drive, did a clean install upgrade to Snow Leopard, reinstalled FCS3, and I'm still getting the error message. I never had any problems with Compressor before the FCS3 upgrade.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Compressor error message: 3x Crash Service Down
January 27, 2010 11:03PM
Coincidentally, a friend of mine recently started getting this same error message. He called Apple- they told him to restart the computer, open up Compressor, and select "Reset Background Processes" in the "Compressor" menu. Haven't tried it yet- I'll report back with results.
Re: Compressor error message: 3x Crash Service Down
February 08, 2010 08:00AM
The other thing to try, if that doesn't work, is to go to the finder, hit "go to folder" (apple shift g), and type "var/spool/qmaster", and move the contents in it into the trash. Then reset background encoding and try again.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics